With the festive season drawing nearer, it is important for us to be more careful and vigilant. So, in order to help you make this holiday season a safe and happy one, here are some festive season safety tips.
- For International Students, make sure your passport is with you all the time. Make soonest arrangement for collection if your passport is in APU custody due to Student Pass renewal or endorsement.
- Plan your travelling dates & routes & have adequate rest before the journey.
- If you are making plans to rent a car, you should only lease the vehicle from legitimate rental car company. Do ensure that you possess a valid driving license before renting any vehicle.
- Don't leave your valuables/cash/electronic items unattended, even for a moment. Secure or locked your valuables at all time.
- Keep emergency numbers handy when travelling.
- Don't keep all your money and travel documents in one wallet or bag, and don’t carry large sums of cash in public places.
- Stick to the speed limit and safe following distances. Be observant and always expect the unexpected.
- Keep all doors locked when travelling in the car and do not roll down windows when approached by suspicious persons.
- Don’t allow technology to make you unaware of your surroundings.