Operation By Malaysia Immigration To Find Illegal Foreigners In Malaysia
A major operation by the Malaysian Authorities to seek out foreigners who are illegally employed or who have entered the Country illegally or have overstayed has commenced since 1st July 2017, and is expected to continue until the end of July or August 2017. Hence, all international students are strongly reminded to have your immigration documents and APU Student Identification Tags at all times, especially when not in your residence. You should pay extra attention to the following safety points before leaving home:
- Ensure that you always have your Passport and/or valid iKad. You should also ensure that your passport can be easily accessed if required, and if your passport is with the authorities for Visa processing purposes, you should in any case carry along certified copies of your passport together with your iKad.
- Avoid at all times being in the company of person or persons who might not necessarily have proper legal immigration status in Malaysia.
- At all costs you must avoid:
- Getting involved in any activities that will raise suspicion among the Authorities.
- Being involved in any form of employment or business.
- Spending time at clubs/pubs/discos into the late hours of the night in the wrong company.
PLEASE CONDUCT YOURSELVES PROPERLY AS MODEL INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS, AND DO NOT GET YOURSELVES INTO TROUBLE OR BE AT THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME.
IF YOU DO FIND YOURSELF IN A DIFFICULT SITUATION, INCLUDING BEING DETAINED BY THE AUTHORITIES, PLEASE CONTACT THE UNIVERSITY SECURITY HOTLINE AT 017-2381300 OR 017-3791700.